Amazon Prime Day 2021 is tantalisingly close now. It's been confirmed by Amazon to run over Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 June. That's a month earlier than its traditional July slot and the early Prime Day deals have already started to appear.
Last year, Amazon Prime Day 2020 ran during October, moving from its traditional July date but keeping to its duration of two days, that duration being a precedent Amazon set with Prime Day 2019. It was moved from July due to the pandemic. This will be the first year it's run in June.
Read on for what to expect from this year's Prime Day as well as the best early Prime Day deals that you can shop right now.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Amazon has confirmed that Prime Day will be held next week, on Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 June. The event kicks off at 00.01am on the Monday and runs through 23.59pm on Tuesday for Prime members in the UK, US, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Spain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Brazil, Belgium, Austria and Australia. No dates have been announced for Canada or India.
The best Prime Day deals 2021
Although Prime Day is not until Monday 21 June, early Prime Day deals have started already. Starting Wednesday 2 June, Prime members can start shopping early exclusive offers and deals. Our picks of the best Prime Day deals for the UK are below...
- Amazon Devices: Save up to 50% off devices including Echo, Fire TV and Ring live now until 22 June. Check the latest Amazon device deals here. Or see links to the individual device deals below.
- Amazon Music: Prime members who haven’t previously tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get Amazon's best Music deal ever – four months free. Deal live now.
- Prime Video: Prime members can get up to 50% off movies and TV shows to rent or buy through Prime Video. Deal live now.
- Audible: Prime members get three months of Audible membership for just 99p this Prime Day. Offer available now through to 22 June.
- Kindle Unlimited: Prime members can get three months of Kindle Unlimited for no extra charge if they subscribe between now and 22 June. Deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Book Deals: From 15 – 30 June, Amazon customers will be able to discover over 300 Kindle Books on sale from 99p. Deal terms and conditions apply.
- Amazon First Reads: During June, Prime members can choose two Kindle Books available on Amazon First Reads for no additional charge. Deal live now.
- Prime Gaming: From now until 21 June, Prime members can claim Battlefield 4 standard edition (value £17.99), for free on gaming.amazon.co.uk.
- Amazon Brands: Save up to 20% off on select styles from Amazon brands.
- Deals from Small Businesses: Save up to 30% on selected products from small businesses selling on Amazon, including Amazon Launchpad and Amazon Handmade.
- Wondery+: Prime members can get four months free of Wondery+, the ad-free podcast service.
- Prime Wardrobe: Save £15 when you keep £100 worth of items from your first Prime Wardrobe order. Terms and conditions apply.
- Browse all Amazon Prime Day deals
The best Prime Day Amazon device deals (live now)
Blink Mini | Was: £34.99 | Now: £21.99 | Saving: £13
The Blink Mini is a fantastic indoor smart security camera, offering 1080p HD video, two-way audio and Amazon Alexa integration. Set-up is simple: just plug in the camera, connect it to your Wi-Fi and add it to your Blink Home Monitor app.View Deal
Blink Mini - 2 Cameras | Was: £64.99 | Now: £43.98 | Saving: £21.01
The same Blink Mini as in the deal above but this time you get two cameras instead of just one. A 32 per cent price cut sees the double pack price fall from £64.99 to only £43.98. A quality indoor 1080p smart security camera.View Deal
Amazon eero mesh Wi-Fi router/extender | Was: £79 | Now: £55 | Saving: £24
A T3 Award winning Wi-Fi mesh router, the Amazon eero is discounted by 30 per cent right now, a fact that sees its price drop to just £55 from £79. Dual and even triple packs are available and each is discounted.View Deal
Amazon eero Pro mesh Wi-Fi router/extender | Was: £149 | Now: £97 | Saving: £52
The pro version of the T3 Award winning mesh Wi-Fi router and extender, the eero Pro is a fantastic way to cover your home in bullet-proof internet connectivity. This 1-pack covers a 160 sq. m area, while the also discounted 3-pack covers 560 sq. m.View Deal
Ring Video Doorbell Wired | Was: £49 | Now: £35 | Saving: £14
The video doorbell that set the standard, the Ring Video Doorbell allows you to see who comes to your door no matter where you might be, as well as speak to them directly. This deal cuts £14 off the price of the Ring, taking it down to just £35.View Deal
Ring Spotlight Cam Wired | Was: £179 | Now: £119 | Saving: £60
A big fat £60 saving here on the excellent outdoor smart security camera the Ring Spotlight Cam. This is the wired version, meaning it needs to be connected to a mains power supply. Available in both black and white colourways.View Deal
More of the best Amazon deals that are live right now
Amazon Echo Buds | Now £49.99 | Was £119.99 | Save £70 at Amazon UK
Amazon's wireless earbuds include Bose Active Noise Reduction Technology to keep out the world around you, and great music quality. You can ask Alexa to do this any time with just your voice, you get 5 hours of battery life (20 hours including the case), and they're exercise-proof.View Deal
- Arlo Go Mobile HD Smart Home Security Camera | RRP: £339.99 | Now: £199.99 | Save: £140.00 (41%)
- Crucial Storage | RRP: £64.79 | Now: £41.99 | 35% off
- Snailax Full Body Massage Chair Pad | RRP: £196.66 | Now: £157.33 | 20% off
- FIFA 21, SIMS 4 and more [PC Code] | £5.99–£29.99
- TP-Link N300 Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender | RRP: £14.99 | Now: £11.39 | Save: £3.60 (24%)
- Ring Light with Tripod Stand & Phone Holder | RRP: £46.99 | Now: £25.40 | Save £21.59 (46%)
- Oral-B Junior Kids Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush | RRP: £49.99 | Now: £24.98 | Save: £25.01 (50%)
- Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3010s Electric Shaver | RRP: £99.99 | Now: £44.99 | Save: £55.00 (55%)
- JX FITNESS Power Tower Adjustable Dip Station Pull up Bar | RRP: £179.95 | Now: £118.95 | Save: £61.00 (34%)
- Google Nest Wifi Router | RRP: £149.00 | Now: £125.00 | Save: £24.00 (16%)
- devolo dLAN Powerline 550 Wi-Fi Add-On Adapter | RRP: £69.99 | Now: £39.99 | Save: £30.00 (43%)
Best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021: what else to expect
When predicting the best Prime Day deals for this year, one thing is a given: you can expect Amazon's own devices to get some hefty discounts (and those discounts are kicking in already). That means devices such as the Echo Dot and Echo Show, Fire TV Stick, Fire Tablets, Blink security cameras and Kindles will likely get the sort of price cuts you only see at Amazon a few times a year – those times including Prime Day and Black Friday. As an example of the sort of discounts you might want to look out for this year – during Prime Day 2020 the 3rd generation Echo Dot was reduced by 62%; the Echo Show 5 and Echo Show 8 both by 50% and the Kindle Oasis (2019) reduced by 30%. So in general, I'd be looking for discounts of at least 30% if I was going to buy an Amazon device over Prime Day. And remember, some of those Amazon device deals are live now as they started on 7 June this year.
Other Prime Day deal regulars are electric toothbrushes, 4K TVs and wireless headphones and speakers, so expect discounts from brands including Apple, Bose, Philips, Sony, Shark, Samsung and others. A tip to spot the best deals: Amazon says that Prime Day deals will be colour coded and that you should look out for blue badges to save big. Another tip to spot the best deals: stay tuned to T3.com as we'll highlight the ones we think are worth snapping up.
We've also been contacted by security camera brand Arlo which says that for the first time ever, the Pro 3 Floodlight Camera and the entire Arlo Doorbell range including the Essential wire-free video doorbell will be available as part of the Prime Day Deals as well as the Pro 3 spotlight camera.
You won't see deals on Google's Nest smart speakers at Amazon over Prime Day as Amazon doesn't sell them, but you can expect to see Google devices get discounted at competing retailers who run their own Prime Day alternative sales. I'd look to Currys and AO.com for Google device deals over the 2021 Prime Day period. In fact Currys has its Epic Deals sale on right now, with up to 30% off over 500 products.
Looking back to Prime Day 2020, TVs that were in the sale saw an average reduction of 28% while headphones that were in the sale saw an average price cut of 38%. Other examples of average savings in 2020 (for the products that were discounted at all) were exercise and fitness equipment (51%), luggage (51%), books (50%), apparel (48%), jewellery and watches (46%), sports clothing and accessories (42%), home security cameras (38%), mattresses (32%).
More of T3's best Prime Day deals predictions (with live, regularly updated prices) are below. As you can see, some of the products ALREADY have some nice discounts which means that a) our predictions seem to be coming true and b) you don't even need to wait for Prime Day to save money!
Will there be any Prime Day PS5 deals?
One question on many gamers' lips is whether Prime Day will bring good news for PS5 buyers. A Prime Day PS5 restock would certainly top the event off nicely. I have no idea at this stage whether that will happen so I'll be watching closely. Don't expect any Prime Day PS5 deals on the console, though deals on official PS5 accessories such as the PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller and the PlayStation 5 HD Camera seem likely. Those live prices are shown below.
We can also expect Prime Day deals on some of the best gaming TVs, external hard drives and SSDs and other PS5-related products.
Best Amazon Prime Day 2021 Lightning Deals
We don't know what products will be in the Lightning Deals but we do have some confirmed info on the minimum discounts to expect this year. For Amazon Prime Day 2021 Lightning Deals, Amazon set out its criteria for Amazon sellers who want their deals to be included in a post on its Seller Forums, so while that does not tell us what products to expect it describes the savings and the quality bar. Those Prime Day 2021 Lightning Deals criteria are:
1. At least 20% or £50/€50 (approx. AU$80) less than the current site price.
2. Must match/beat the lowest price of the year.
3. Strong sales history.
4. 3.5+ star rating.
How to watch Prime Day Live
Just like past years, Amazon is also celebrating Prime Day with a free concert live-streamed to members. This year, Amazon has brought together Tom Grennan, who is the British #1 album holder, Mimi Webb, a top-ten signer-songwriter, and Shaybo, a south-east London lyricist and rapper.
The free concert, presented by Amazon Music will be available to all Amazon customers to stream live from 7.30 PM BST on Wednesday 16th June 2021 via Twitch and through the Amazon Music app.
If you miss the live stream it can be watched on-demand on Twitch for up to 30 days after the concert.
Are Prime Day deals worth it?
One question people ask is: "Do you actually save money on Prime Day?" The answer is "yes" – if you choose products that are discounted, and those discounts will be clearly shown at Amazon. But are those Prime Day deals worth it? That depends, as some of the products may have been more heavily discounted earlier in the year.
For Amazon products – such as Echo speakers and Fire tablets – we tend to see the best discounts over Prime Day. For other products, such as 4K TVs, electric toothbrushes and coffee machines, it pays to do your research, or to let us do it for you.
Over the Prime Day period we'll be highlighting the genuine best Prime Day deals and if we see ones that look good at first glance but don't quite stack up, we'll point you in the direction of a better deal. And remember – those better deals might be with retailers other than Amazon as many online stores will be running competing sales. If we see a good deal, we'll let you know here on T3.com and in our Twitter feed.
One thing we do know is that Amazon's Prime Day Lightning Deals MUST match or beat the lowest price of the year, so you have a cast iron guarantee there that those deals are definitely worth it (assuming you actually want the item and don't simply impulse buy it due to the huge discount!).
So my five tips to make sure you get the best Prime Day deals and avoid the duds is:
1. Get your free Amazon Prime trial ahead of Prime Day if you don't already have an account. Remember – the trial last 30 days so you can sign up a couple of weeks ahead of Prime Day and still have plenty of time to use Prime should you decide to cancel once the trial period is over.
2. Make a list in advance of the things you want to get a deal on but be prepared to be flexible on the exact product. For example, I've noted down to look out for cheap premium cookware deals rather than "I MUST have a cheap Le Creuset Cast Iron Square Grillit in Volcanic Orange". That said, I'll also be keeping an eye on our cheap Le Creuset deals page JUST IN CASE.
3. Keep a close eye on T3.com and this article in particular as it's being updated regularly. We've been covering the Prime Day, Black Friday and Boxing Day sales for years and we know a good deal when we see one.
4. Don't restrict your browsing to Amazon. Take a look at retailers such as John Lewis, AO.com and Argos to see what competing offers they have.
5. Save a bit of budget back for an impulse purchase. I know I said to plan ahead so you don't end up with stuff you don't really want just because it's a massively discounted but it's also fun to be able to pick up something you weren't expecting. For example, last year I bought a huge 4.5 kilo Toblerone bar at 39% off to share with the T3 team. That was definitely not on my to-buy list!
Will there be a second Prime Day in 2021?
There have never been two Prime Day events in a single year before but the Recode report linked above says that Amazon explored the idea of a second Prime Day for Autumn 2021. Whether it will go ahead or not is not known. Recode writes: "It's unclear if such an additional event is still under consideration."
If there is second Prime Day in 2021, I'd expect it to take place in mid-October, so that it has a bit of distance from the Black Friday sales, which are likely to kick off up to a month ahead of Black Friday itself, which falls on Friday 26 November this year. Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 October would align to last year's delayed Prime Day, should Amazon wish to continue with the precedent it set in 2020, and following that second Prime Day sale event (if it happens) I'd expect to see early Black Friday sale deals start to drop from the beginning of November.
Giving back on Amazon Prime Day
On Prime Day this year, Amazon’s charity initiative AmazonSmile, will offer Prime members the opportunity to double the usual donation rate (1% instead of 0.5%) to the charity of their choice throughout the entire 48-hour event.
For Prime members activating AmazonSmile in their app, there’s even more to gain for UK charities, as AmazonSmile will also donate 5% of the net purchase price (10X the regular rate) on the first qualifying AmazonSmile purchase on Prime Day. This special rate is for every Prime member who activates AmazonSmile in their Amazon App from 2nd June through the end of Prime Day 2021 on 22nd June.
It's worth noting that the donations come from Amazon, and do not cost the customer or the charity anything.
Is Prime free on Prime Day?
If you have not had an Amazon Prime account before then, yes, you can get a free Prime trial for Prime Day (or for any other day). Amazon offers all customers a free 30-day trial of Prime, while students get a massively generous six-month free Prime trial. You can cancel at any time during the trial and you won't be charged a thing.
If you decide to pay for Prime once your trial ends, that'll cost you £79 a year. Student Prime accounts cost just £3.99 a month.
If you live in a household where someone else has a Prime account then you can form an Amazon Household and share some of their Prime benefits at no cost to yourself – including unlimited one-day delivery plus same-day delivery in eligible areas ,and access to those all-important Prime Day deals. You'll also get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals with Prime Early Access.
Is Amazon Prime Day happening in Canada and India?
Prime Day will not take place in June in Canada or India due to the current Covid-19 situation. Amazon confirmed to CNBC that it is pausing the event in both countries. It did not provide a rescheduled date. In the same report, CNBC says that Amazon confirmed that Prime Day will continue on schedule in the UK, US, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Spain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Brazil, Belgium, Austria and Australia.