The Enterprise Data, Information and Knowledge Management Platform
- NOUNZ is a data compiler
- that builds portable web sites,
- larger than Wikipedia,
- with far more powerful features,
- inside your enterprise,
- directly from your data,
- in just tens of minutes,
- all for a fraction of the cost of other systems.
- NOUNZ is also used to create, master, manage, and govern consistent representations of data across systems.
NOUNZ makes publishing, sharing, and exploring large volumes of data, information and knowledge very simple, very quick, and extremely affordable.
Powerful Knowledge Networks wrapped in simple Digital Libraries
The NOUNZ Data Compiler quickly and easily builds massive and very powerful knowledge networks, directly from your data, that it neatly brands and wraps in web sites called Digital Libraries. The compiler ingests your data, parses it, finds relationships and then builds Semantic Data Graph/Network (SDG/SDN) structures that are used as the foundation for building your own Digital Libraries (as many as you want). This makes it easy to quickly combine, classify, organize, format and traverse tens of millions of data points in a manner that is familiar and intuitive to your End Users.
NOUNZ is Blazing Fast
NOUNZ builds bigger and better knowledge repositories, in minutes, than an entire army of people can generate in years.
This is possible because NOUNZ uses a paradigm called Data Compilation. In other words, instead of humans writing and publishing web pages (or other electronic content) one page at a time, NOUNZ reads data from Comma Separated Value files and uses them to automatically construct massive Digital Libraries. As a result, it outperforms very large armies of people, all with much higher levels of quality and at fractional costs.
NOUNZ is offered in multiple forms:
- NOUNZ Lite: a rapid digital documentation generator for for Individual Practitioners and enterprises that want to deliver far more powerful web content, faster and with lower costs.
- NOUNZ Standard: for Enterprises that deal with more complex data sets, such as externally defined relationships that come from other systems.
- NOUNZ Enterprise: for enterprises that want to integrate full 360 Degree context-based search.
- NOUNZ Big Data: for enterprises that want to create large temporal NoSQL data stores for big data analytics and reporting.
What are the Benefits of NOUNZ?
NOUNZ allows you to format, organize, publish and share massive quantities of data, information, and knowledge for your stakeholders faster, more affordably, and with features that most companies can only dream of.
This translates to…
- Greater Knowledge Sharing and Higher Knowledge Maturity: Because you can generate, organize, and publish far more, it means your end users immediately have access to far more of what they need, too. Instead of giving them access to one document in hours, you can give them access to millions of documents in the same time.
- Lower Labor Expenses: Because employees generate far more electronic documentation and all related features in far less time, labor costs are far lower.
- Lower Technology Expenses: Because NOUNZ can act like and even replace many other systems that try to mimic the same functionality, you can eliminate the need for many different similar systems and all the integrations between them.
- Better Value Perception for You and Your Staff: If you’re delivering more, faster, and doing it all at a more affordable price, you will look more valuable to your customers and to leadership. It’s that simple.
In short, this all translates to lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), quicker knowledge delivery, greater enterprise transparency, and a much higher knowledge maturity level for you and your enterprise.
Read more about the Features and Benefits of NOUNZ
How NOUNZ Works
Once you’ve installed the Ruby Language Interpreter and the NOUNZ Software, NOUNZ revolves around an iterative three (3) step process…
- Supply the Data: In this step, the librarian collects, cleanses, organizes and registers the data sets that will be ingested and compiled. Simple rules are set up for branding, structuring, formatting, relationship harvesting and for things like analysis, report generation and data visualization generation. Once the data is ready, it is staged for NOUNZ to consume. Data can come from spreadsheets, from Sharepoint list structures, and from systems with proprietary schemas.
- Compile: In this step, the compiler ingests the data and, in minutes, it generate hundreds of thousands of curated, feature rich, and highly interlinked web pages, all cleanly packaged in a simple to use and, portable, version-able and easy to deploy Digital Library that has been branded to match the look and feel of your enterprise (or that of your customer’s enterprise).
- Deploy: In the final step (and only if you care about broader knowledge sharing) the Digital Library is deployed to and installed within a web server folder so it can be exported to and shared with large communities.
As people look at and use the deployed results, you use a constant feedback loop to keep growing and improving your knowledge base.
Or, if you don’t like hosting the technology, staffing the experts, and doing the work yourself, you can also leverage our NOUNZ Modeling Services, where you simply provide us with your data, we run the compile, and ship the results back to you. A simple buy-as-you-go model.
What Can Be Documented and Represented With NOUNZ?
NOUNZ can be used to load, document and represent anything you can represent in list form. Examples include but are not limited to: Enterprise data (things and transactions), Financial data, Life Sciences, Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical data, Geographical and Astrological data, Animal Sciences data and much more.
Enterprise specific data examples include things like Assets, Capabilities, Systems, Markets, Market Segments, Product Lines, Products, Services, People, Organizations, Skills, Markets, Suppliers, Consumers, and much more. This includes all the meaningful mappings and semantic relationships between them.
See a list of sample data types that can be registered with NOUNZ in the live Digital Library Master Catalog.
What Kind of Representations and Visualizations Does NOUNZ Create?
The power of NOUNZ is the simplicity with which it generates millions of web pages that include many different interactive views of data and information to make your and your end users’ lives easier. With some basic configurations and a simple compile, NOUNZ will generate more higher quality interactive textual and graphical representations of data and information, in minutes, than an entire army of content collaborators and software developers can, in years.
Examples of the types of Knowledge Constructs generated include but are not limited to:
- Ontologies and Taxonomies (for classification, organization and navigation),
- Catalogs (Master Catalog, Domain-specific Catalogs, Abbreviations and Acronyms Catalog, and Predicate Catalog,
- Indexes of grouped and ordered data sets,
- Various individual views of data records,
- Charts and Graphs (e.g. Pie Charts, Line Charts, Bubble Charts, etc.)
- Reports and Dashboards,
- Semantic Relationship Views (including Predicate Views),
- Tabular Views (sortable Lists and Tables),
- Content Views,
- Complex Data Visualizations (e.g. Node Cluster Views, Component Views, Density Views, etc.),
- and much more!
Read more about NOUNZ synthesized features and their benefits.
Who Uses NOUNZ and for What?
Because NOUNZ can act as and replace the need for so many individual point-solution systems, many different people in many different roles, throughout both the Business and IT use NOUNZ to facilitate their Data, Information and Knowledge Management needs.
Common uses include enterprise modeling, automated and rapid mass-content-generation, enterprise analytics, reporting & business intelligence, configuration management and many forms of rapid and enterprise-wide knowledge sharing.
For details, read more at: NOUNZ Uses and User Types.
How is a NOUNZ Generated Web Site Different From Traditional Web Sites (Like Intranets or Wikis)?
- NOUNZ helps publish massive volumes of curated content (i.e. Data & Information) much faster than traditional solutions. (Imagine generating sites that are bigger, better organized, and more feature rich than Wikipedia, with a tiny fraction of the resources in a tiny fraction of the time.)
- NOUNZ automatically harvests and establishes hundreds of thousands and even millions of meaningful links between Data & Information faster than an army of humans can. Because the majority of the links are Semantic in form, it means that there is additional context for how and why things are linked together.
- The Data and harvested links are all combined and used as the automatically generated backbone for the web site’s navigation and user experience.
- In addition to just articles, NOUNZ automatically generates a massive number of highly interactive, feature rich, and alternate Views, Reports, Dashboards, and Visualizations that would cost a fortune and years of complex development for your own staff to develop, deliver, and maintain.
- Since NOUNZ is simple and has very little required infrastructure, the Total Cost of Ownership is always very low for the value delivered.
Why You’re Here…
- You want a better way to store and access highly reusable Data/Information about your enterprise so people aren’t wasting valuable time digging for answers.
- You want a faster way to publish large volumes of very rich Data/Information about your enterprise for better Knowledge Sharing so resources get to better decisions, faster.
- You want simplicity, both, for the Data/Information publishers and end users so you don’t have to waste time training.
- You’ve started to realize that your Intranet, your Architecture Modeling Tools, and your Configuration Management Database (CMDB) are costing you a fortune (or will if you have to implement them) and you want a better way to consolidate them, all.
- You want an affordable way to do it, all.
- And, now, you’re beginning to realize that NOUNZ is your only real option for doing all of the above.
How NOUNZ Accomplishes All Of This…
- NOUNZ eliminates your dependency and spend on complex infrastructure (it even runs on a portable laptop).
- NOUNZ heavily reduces the need for meta-model design, deployment, and change management. (NOUNZ always generates a Semantic Data Graph / SDG)
- NOUNZ eliminates significant dependency on Business Intelligence and Analysis tools by automatically synthesizing many Views, Reports, Dashboards, and Visualizations for you that would otherwise require significant investments in other tools and people.
- NOUNZ minimizes complex data integrations between many different silo-ed systems… by eliminating and collapsing the silos into one Semantic Data Platform.
Modeling and Web Site Generation Services – We can do it for you
Some enterprises may not have the resources to install, maintain, and/or operate these types of tools or may not be able to hire, train, and/or maintain resources who will perform modeling and content curation work for them them. For this reason, the IF4IT has resources and dedicated partners who can use NOUNZ to perform such services for you. These means you can have the same great models and web sites, from a low cost fee-for-service model that can cost you a fraction of the time and money it would require to do the work, yourself.
Read more about our IF4IT NOUNZ Modeling and Web Site Generation Services.
NOUNZ Lite Edition
NOUNZ Lite Edition is intended for the Individual Practitioner, especially those who work as individual consultants or contractors. Such Individual Practitioners often cannot afford the same powerful tools that larger enterprises can. With NOUNZ Lite Edition, Individual Practitioners can now offer the same types of competitively powerful documentation and modeling, at a price that’s affordable to an individual.
Features: NOUNZ Lite Edition offers all the same features of NOUNZ Standard Edition, minus the ability to load relationships in bulk or mass form and a limitation of fifteen (15) unique Noun/Data Type definitions and configurations.
Availability and Distribution: NOUNZ Lite Edition is distributed, along with free regular upgrades, to individual practitioners as part of paid yearly IF4IT Professional Membership. NOUNZ Lite is made available to non-members at the non-discounted price of $250.00 per distribution.