The IF4IT can build your Enterprise Models for you!
You don’t have the resources to install modeling tools and perform modeling work? The IF4IT can build your Enterprise Models for you!
- We work with you to set up your simple data exchange interfaces
- You send us the data you want to include in your model
- We build your Enterprise Model
- We ship the latest versioned Enterprise Model to you (or we host it for you) as a stand-alone instance (you don’t need the modeling tool to use or run it)
We work with you to establish a simple data exchange interface. Data can usually be transferred as spreadsheets or CSV files.
Data registration, data cleansing and rules setup usually takes no more than a few hours per data type. Model compilation usually takes no more than a few minutes!
Because you have no tools to install and maintain and because modeling is our core competency, we can build and deliver models in very short iterations… often in just a few hours!
Our NOUNZ generated models allow you to include most data that’s important to you and your enterprise. Generated models also include a constantly growing portfolio of knowledge constructs (e.g. catalogs, indexes, reports, charts and graphs, dashboards, visualizations, etc.) you’ll need to manage your business.
The Power and Benefits of Modeling Tools Without the Expenses and Complexities of Owning or Managing Them.
Why IF4IT Modeling-as-a-Service (MaaS)?
Many enterprises will admit that they don’t want the headaches associated with or want to own and manage the resources required for modeling. It’s simply hard enough to find the right people with the right skills, let alone fund them to purchase all the required technologies and fund them to properly design, build, deploy and maintain models. And, by the time you add up all the costs, it usually takes them years and massive investments to limited models with poor returns on investment. For these reasons, the IF4IT is proud to announce that we are the only enterprise in the world with true Enterprise Modeling-as-a-Service (MaaS) capabilities.
Our NOUNZ platform was designed to allow models to be generated in a manner that allows them to be effectively decoupled from the modeling tool so that they can be shipped, installed, used and supported independently of the tool(s) that generated them. This means that we can model in our own facilities and ship the results as stand-alone instances that don’t require the modeling tool to be installed as part of the model’s runtime infrastructure.
How NOUNZ Models are Delivered
The NOUNZ Data Compiler generates Traversable Electronic Documentation (TED), which is a fancy phrase for static HTML files that have been organized to look, feel and act like a very powerful system we call a Digital Library. Because the generated output mimics real documentation, we can easily version it, ship it and install it. If your data changes, we work with you to recompile and generate a new stand-alone snapshot.
The Downside of Performing Your Own Enterprise Modeling…
- Modeling is not your core competency – Installing modeling tools, designing and building models, integrating them with other systems, and keeping them up-to-date over time is not your core competency. Very simply, it detracts funds and resources from those things that are your core competencies and which, rightfully should be a higher priority.
- Technical complexity – Traditional modeling tools require you to purchase, install, operate and support significant technologies before you can even start modeling. Then, once you start modeling, you’ll need the skills to design, build, deploy, operate, support and upgrade your models.
- Time consuming – Installing modeling tools, designing and building models, and maintaining all of it takes a lot of time.
- Lack of model flexibility – Most modeling tools make it very difficult to ingest, combine, classify, organize and format very diverse data sets, let alone build multiple models with context-specific data sets. Trying to manage all this requires a significant investment in skills, time and money.
- Weak models – Because of the above, models you build and deploy, yourself, will always be far less useful than models built by empowered experts who perform this work at larger scale as part of their core competency.
- Very high Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – All of the above requires a significant amount of financial investment that derails funds from other higher priority business issues.
The Upside of Using IF4IT Enterprise Modeling Services…
- We’re simpler – NOUNZ-generated models take a fraction of the technology and skills required to generate and operate than those models generated with other modeling tools.
- We’re faster – NOUNZ-generated models take a fraction of the time than those generated with traditional modeling tools. What often takes other enterprises many months or even years often takes just a few days or weeks with NOUNZ.
- We’re more flexible – NOUN allows you to ingest and combine far more diverse sets of data than most other modeling tools.
- We’re more comprehensive – Our models offer far more features than most other models, generated in other modeling tools. This means more power, faster, for you and your End Users.
- We’re more consistent – The NOUNZ Data Compiler works like an army of fast and error-free people who can do many orders the magnitude of work with much higher levels of quality, all in a fraction of the time.
- We’re far more affordable – Because we’ve automated the bulk of the work required to perform modeling with our NOUNZ Data Compiler and because running NOUNZ-generated models requires minimal infrastructure, the costs for modeling and operating models are a small fraction of what it would take to do so, yourself.
- Our models are portable and fully versioned. IF4IT NOUNZ is the only modeling platform in the world that generates stand-alone, portable and fully versioned model instances. Every model we generate is an interactive snapshot in time that stands by itself and can easily be moved between people and systems. You can see what your data looks like today versus what it looked like at any compiled point in history.
How IF4IT Modeling Services Work
1. Submit Your Data to the IF4IT: You simply collect your enterprise data & information in the form of common flat files (formatted in CSV) that come from sources such as human generated spreadsheets, MS Sharepoint List Structures and from systems that allow you to directly extract the information you want to include in your model. You submit your data to IF4IT modelers via flat file templates that we work with you to establish. You can select from our wide portfolio of templates and customize them to meet your own needs or simply build your own.
2. IF4IT Creates Your Models and Web Sites: Most data is not perfect so the IF4IT works with you and your staff to quickly finalize the cleansing of your enterprise data & information, before modeling it. The IF4IT then registers the data with our own NOUNZ® model compilation and generation software tool. NOUNZ® is executed and automatically generates an extremely comprehensive and feature rich web site that is structured to mirror your enterprise (i.e. what you have and how things are connected together).
3. IF4IT Delivers Your Model(s) and Web Site(s): The IF4IT reviews what’s been generated with you and/or your staff to quickly identify and iron out any minor issues and to stabilize the model to your liking. Then, when you are happy with it, we ship that model to you in the form of an easy to install web site called a Digital Library, via a delivery method of your preference (e.g. thumb drive, sFTP, etc.).
4. Your Model Is Installed and Verified: Once you receive your IF4IT NOUNZ generated model, it will be in the form of a simple to use web site, called a Digital Library, that can be read directly from a storage device, by nothing more than a modern browser. This means you can copy it to local device and run it in a portable mode, where you can use it locally, for yourself, or verify it before sharing it with the broader enterprise. If you prefer, we can even install it for you and support it for you so you don’t have to.
5. You Establish Enterprise-Wide Knowledge Sharing: Upon installation to a web server, your entire model is easily visible, explorable and traversable by your End User community. The installed Digital Library is built to provide your End Users with an intuitive and familiar User Interface that follows the model of any traditional library. This means that your End Users can get to work with virtually no training, at all, saving you critical time and money. And, best of all, your entire enterprise can have access to one common view of highly inter-linked, feature rich, and richly formatted Data, Information and Knowledge, all with minimal effort.
6. Continuously Improve Your Data: As you and your stakeholders take regular advantage of your knew Enterprise Model, you’ll get the regular feedback you need to help continuously improve the model. As requests for new data or modifications to existing data come in, you can simply resubmit the changes to the IF4IT and the whole process can be easily repeated with minimal effort. Your enterprise stakeholders will view you as the single point of contact for enterprise Data, Information and Knowledge Management as they become more effective and efficient in their own work.
How NOUNZ Models save you money by doubling as other critical systems
As your enterprise grows, you’re IT staff will start to push for a number of different tools and systems that all exist to attempt to facilitate better Enterprise Data, Information and Knowledge Management. These solutions will be, both, very expensive and very complex. Thankfully, with NOUNZ, you’ll already have all of them in place…
- Architecture Modeling Tools (AMTs)
- Content Management Systems (CMSs)
- Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs)
- Service Catalogs
- Digital Libraries (DLs) / Electronic Libraries (ELs)
- Knowledge Management Systems (KMS)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
Using IF4IT NOUNZ® generated Enterprise Models allows you to effectively consolidate all of the above into one simple, affordable, and very easy to use platform that helps avoid spending on the above separate systems and all the integrations between them. If you don’t believe it, we challenge you to compare any individual system in any of the above areas to a NOUNZ generated model.