The NOUNZ Data Compiler is a Content Management System (CMS) that can easily be used to create or enhance your Intranet.
Time and Cost Savings
NOUNZ is blazing fast. In the time you normally create one good content page in other CMSs, NOUNZ can generate hundreds of thousands and even millions.
The NOUNZ Data Compiler very quickly and very easily generates large volumes of static and extremely rich HTML web pages that are assembled into stand-alone web sites called Digital Libraries. You can deploy Digital Libraries to web servers and use them as your Intranet(s), or you can use them as sub-web-sites that you can strap into your existing Intranet, should you already have one. You can also generate as many Digital Libraries as you want, making it easy to address the needs of individual domain spaces.
NOUNZ allows you to brand each Digital Library to conform to your own enterprise branding requirements, such as logos and color schemes. This allows you to easily create different branding looks that can conform to different organizations, such as different divisions or legal entities your enterprise deals with, on a daily basis.
NOUNZ Supports a Federated Intranet Model
With NOUNZ, you can even create a federated Intranet of Digital Libraries. For example, you can create a master enterprise Intranet site that links in and leads to domain-specific Digital Libraries (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Legal, IT, etc.).
NOUNZ Business Intelligence
NOUNZ automatically generates out-of-the-box and ready-to-use Business Intelligence constructs to help eliminate the software development requirements, time and costs that other systems would require for you to achieve the same. When you generate a NOUNZ Digital Library, you automatically get many powerful features like:
- Catalogs (Master, Domain-specific, Abbreviations and Acronyms, Descriptive Predicates, etc.)
- Indexes (textual and graphical)
- Aggregation Views (sortable and HTML enriched Lists, Tables, Inventories, etc.)
- Visualizations (for visual data and content exploring that facilitates quicker and more effective learning and problem solving)
- Dashboards (by topic domain)
How does data and content get fed into NOUNZ?
Imagine keeping or sourcing data in or from various forms…
- Simple Example: Spreadsheet tabs
- Moderately Complex Example: MS Sharepoint List Structures
- Complex Example: Flat file extracts from systems
All of the above can be converted to simple Comma Separated Value (CSV) files which can be fed to NOUNZ, along with some basic rules. NOUNZ then takes every row and every column and uses that data to create very rich, interactive and powerful knowledge constructs that are embedded within automatically generated web page.
There is now no longer a need for you to write, curate and publish each page, manually.
For example, if you have a spreadsheet that has one thousand Products, where every row is a Product instance and every column is a descriptive trait, NOUNZ will generate many thousands of web pages about and related to each Product, groups of Products, Product structuring, and Product navigation.
NOUNZ is more than just an Intranet
Unlike most Content Management Systems and Intranets, NOUNZ is an ecosystem of different solutions that eliminates the need for you to purchase, populate, integrate and maintain all of them. With no extra effort and at no extra cost, NOUNZ can automatically be used as:
- an Enterprise Library for Library Management professionals
- a Knowledge Management System (KMS) for Knowledge Management professionals
- a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for IT professionals
- an Architecture Modeling Tool (AMT) for Enterprise and Solutions Architecture professionals
- a Content Management System (CMS) for general web site development professionals
- an Enterprise Service Catalog (ESC) for Service Management professionals
- a Taxonomy Management System (TMS) for Taxonomy Management professionals
- a Glossary Management System (GMS) for Lexicography professionals
- and much more.
What makes NOUNZ so powerful is that with just one tool it helps you to meet the needs of all of the above, and more. Imagine how much time and money it would take for you to buy each of the above systems, separately, deploy them, populate them, integrate them all together, and manage their upgrades.
More importantly, imagine that you will be the person in your enterprise who eliminated the need for all the above individual systems, avoided the costs associated with each of them, and who strategically collapsed them all together into your Intranet. Your end users will get more from a single solution and your leaders will view you as the go to person for enterprise-wide Knowledge Management solutions.