NOUNZ is designed and built on one very important principle, which is the automation of labor that would otherwise cost you excessive time, quality and money. The IF4IT has designed and built the NOUNZ Data Compiler to rapidly, consistently and automatically generate massive quantities of complex Data, Information and Knowledge Management constructs that would otherwise take you and your enterprise years and many millions of dollars.
Below, please find a summary of key features and benefits…
Automatic and Mass-Volume Content Generation
NOUNZ uses a paradigm called Data-Driven Synthesis (DDS) to automatically generate large volumes of content, directly from data. Because it automates content generation, it allows one person to generate more digital web content faster, with more features, with higher quality, and for lower costs than entire armies of people attempting to deliver the same with traditional content management and content generation tools. This means that critical roles like Knowledge Managers, Enterprise Architects, Technical Communicators and Technical Writers can use the NOUNZ data compiler to document more and literally outperform large groups of people, all in a fraction of the time and cost.
Imagine being able to create, tear down and rebuild knowledge repositories and web sites that are bigger than Wikipedia, loaded with many more powerful Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence features, in tens of minutes… with no dead links!
Automatically Generated Digital Libraries
When executed, the NOUNZ Data Compiler automatically generates (i.e. synthesizes) many different Knowledge Constructs and Views, all packaged into a neat and easy to use Digital Library that makes it very simple and fast to see your data, information and knowledge in ways that makes it very easy to make critical decisions and perform other Knowledge Management work. Some examples include but are not limited to:
- Digital Libraries: Every NOUNZ compilation automatically creates a Digital Library that neatly wraps up and packages all other constructs and views. The Digital Library is static HTML that has been lay-out in the form of Traversable Electronic Documentation (TED). Each Digital Library is fully portable, fully version-able, and can easily be read and traversed using any reputable browser.
- Catalogs: A Master Catalog, separate Domain-specific Catalogs for each Data Type, an Abbreviations and Acronyms Catalog, and a Predicate Catalog.
- Indexes: NOUNZ offers, both, out-of-the-box and administrator definable data indexes that allow end users to quickly find and access the types and groupings of data they’re most interested in, with no more than a few simple clicks. This allows ordering and grouping of data and information by traits or characteristics that are important to you and your end user community. For example, alphabetical indexing, indexing by authors, by category, by relationships, by severity, by importance, by location, or by any other trait that is important to you and your community.
- Data Views: Every compile generates more than one view of each data record, allowing users to have many different views of data and information, allowing them to work with representations that help make the most sense for their work context.
- Content Views: A very powerful feature of NOUNZ is its ability to allow the mixture of data and HTML content (static and dynamic). These means that, in addition to data views, you can also have content-only views and hybrid mixtures of data and content. Unlike most other Content Management Solutions, these views are interactive and treated just like any other Noun Instance (i.e. Data Record), allows for associated Semantic Relationships and many other views of related data and information.
- Relationship Views: One of the most powerful features of the NOUNZ compiler is its ability to harvest and organize Semantic Relationships, along with its growing portfolio of textual and visual representations of relationship groups, as they pertain to specific data elements or to working contexts. With every NOUNZ compile, you’ll find Hub-and-Spoke Models, Semantic Sentence Views, Sortable Tabular Views, and much more.
- Report Views: The compiler automatically segments data and relationships in manners to generate different ready to use reports, making it quick and easy to find consistency in the way data and information are represented, regardless of their categorical types or areas. You and your end users will find related items reports, tabular inventory reports, graphical connectedness/density reports, and much more.
- Dashboard Views: As you compile, NOUNZ collects, organizes, and publishes textual and graphical representations about your data, rendering everything in highly interactive dashboards that automatically make it easy to see what’s important to you and your end users.
- Charts: Wherever it can, NOUNZ automatically will generate and embed interactive charts for you, so that you and your enterprise don’t have to incur the costs and time required for you to develop them, yourself.
- Complex Data Visualizations: Perhaps the most powerful component of NOUNZ is its ability to automatically generate countless interactive data visualizations that include things like 360 degree views of data, relationship densities, and measure of connectedness. These visualizations allow you and your end users to see and explore data in meaningful and intuitive ways that just can’t be achieved with traditional text views. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then an interactive picture is worth a million.
- Semantic Relationships for 360 Degree Views of Data: NOUNZ makes it very easy to harvest and publish vast quantities of Semantic Relationships from your data. These relationships are then used to automatically create powerful 360 Degree Views of your data, making it simple for you and your End Users to perform complex discovery, impact analysis, change management and strategy development work.
NOUNZ makes it easy to customize the branding of your Digital Libraries to conform to the look and feel of your enterprise. You can control color schemes, header and footer looks, and images and logos so that your NOUNZ generated web sites and digital libraries help you control consistent enterprise-wide look and feel.
Integrated Analytics and Data Visualizations
NOUNZ, unlike any other Content Management System (CMS), Knowledge Management System (KMS), Architecture Modeling Tool (AMT), Configuration Management Database (CMDB) or Intranet allows you to embed and execute your own custom code or integrate with our existing libraries to perform your own analytics and to generate your own data visualizations. NOUNZ currently offers full access to the Data Driven Documents (D3) visualization library and will soon also offer the Dimple reusable charts library (Dimple = D3 + Simple).
With these features, you can augment many of our existing views and visualizations or you can create your own custom views, reports, dashboards and other visualizations. This means that if you need visualizations which go beyond those that are generated out-of-the-box, you have the freedom and power to create your own. In fact, NOUNZ visualization customization is so flexible that you can even embed powerful interactive InfoGraphics that help coordinate and facilitate End User discovery, learning and understanding.
Simple to Install, Simple to Run, Simple to Operate
NOUNZ is intentionally designed and built to make your Data, Information and Knowledge Management endeavors as simple as possible. You don’t need complex infrastructure like Application Servers or Database Servers to install and run it. It’s a Data Compiler that simply runs on the Ruby Interpreter. When it runs, it generates what we call Traversable Electronic Documentation™ (TED™). You can immediately read and traverse NOUNZ documentation directly from any reputable browser, for local use. If you want to share with a bigger and broader community, just publish the documentation to a folder in a Web Server. Simplicity makes it faster and far more affordable for you and your enterprise to get to critical data views that positively impact your decision making.
NOUNZ allows powerful Data Diversity
At the heart of all its power is the fact that NOUNZ makes it very simple to register and ingest a very wide array of data. Whether you load your company data, scientific research data, manufacturing data, data about the universe or even your favorite foods and recipes, NOUNZ will allow you to classify it, organize it, interrelate it, and create many different important representations of it, faster and more affordably than any other Data, Information and Knowledge Management tool on the market. And, because you can get so much different data into NOUNZ, faster than any other tool, you and your enterprise get to critical decision making, based on real facts, faster and more accurately.
NOUNZ generates JSON Semantic Data Graph (SDG) Format
In addition to generating human-readable Digital Libraries, NOUNZ generates JSON Semantic Data Graphs (SDGs) that make is very simple to master your data and make it available, consistently, across different systems. This means that you can easily master significant portions of data and that your systems consistently see what your people see.
NOUNZ Compiled Snapshots are Portable
Because NOUNZ generates Digital Libraries that are individual snapshots every time you compile, you can easily ship and deploy these snapshots between people and machines. Imagine simply FTPing a system from Machine A to Machine B and having it work and run, first time.
NOUNZ makes History and Temporal Analytics easy
Because NOUNZ generates Digital Libraries that are individual snapshots every time you compile, you can easily version your snapshots for history and comparison. And, if you and your enterprise are doing advanced analytics work, you an create temporal histories of data that can be easily loaded into low-cost NoSQL repositories for temporal analytics. This means you can query your data, both, within any vertical slice in time and horizontally across time.
NOUNZ allows for Federation Support
Unlike other systems that are complex and only allow you to build one instance at a time, NOUNZ allows you to simply, quickly and affordably build many instances that can stand alone or be tied together. Instances can share common data or have totally separate data. You decide and, more importantly, we don’t nickel and dime you with license costs. One purchase allows you to do all of the above.
NOUNZ offers Compilation Scope Control
NOUNZ allows administrators to tell it what data types it should include in a compilation and which ones it should exclude. This makes it easy to quickly and iteratively (i.e. agile) test small sets of data without having to wait for all your other data to compile. This also allows administrators to create regression trees with segmented regression tests that verify smaller sets of data, features and custom code.
Data Governance (DG) and Master Data Management (MDM) Features
The NOUNZ Data Compiler goes way beyond just building web sites and digital libraries. It also facilitates critical Data Governance (DG) and Master Data Management (MDM) activities. NOUNZ generates various reports and views that help you quickly determine three things… 1) Good Data, 2) Bad Data, and 3) No Data / Gaps in Data.
NOUNZ also generates JSON SDGs (see above section) of your data and relationships that can be provided to other systems (e.g. via ETL, FTP, or microservices), ensuring that what you and your end users see is exactly what systems see.
With NOUNZ you, your DG committees, your MDM teams, and your systems can all see and share consistent views of data with minimal effort, costs and time. All of this also means that you can easily apply iterative Agile methodologies to Data Governance and Master Data Management. Compile, check your results. If you don’t like them. Change your data, recompile and check your results, again, until you do like them.