The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT) is a global industry best practices association that promotes the interests and career development of practitioners, educators, and students who wish to extend their knowledge and understanding of IT operations, management, and leadership.
The Problems We Solve
The IF4IT focuses on the remediation of two very big and common problems in the IT Industry:
- The challenge of finding very good IT leaders, managers, and operators.
- The challenge of building highly repeatable IT organizations (including all Capabilities, Services, Functions, etc.) that are optimized for, both, efficiency and effectiveness.
To address these problems, the IF4IT has developed and offers numerous best practices that range from things like common IT language all the way through to a comprehensive and highly repeatable Blueprint for Information & Technology Management (ITM).
Community of IF4IT Solutions Consumers and Contributors
- The IF4IT Community is a rapidly growing group of organizations and individuals that consume and/or contribute to IF4IT solutions.
- The IF4IT Community spans organizations that include international Governments, Educational Institutions, Public Companies/Enterprises, and Private Companies/Enterprises.
IF4IT Board of Advisors
Our growing Board of Advisors consists of Information Technology (IT) Industry thought leaders who share our vision of standard implementations and better leaders.
How is the IF4IT Funded?
- The IF4IT and its solutions are funded through voluntary contributions of content, time, and funds, as well as through the advertising you’ll find on many of our open Resource pages (which we thank you for supporting).
- We generate funding through our advertisers, whose advertisements show up on many of our open content pages. All advertising related funding goes right back into improving the IF4IT and its offerings for others.
- The IF4IT also offers different products and services, such as membership, education and certification, consultancy, and knowledge management software that help further build the organization.
What is the IF4IT Operating Model?
- The IF4IT receives ideas and raw form material from the IF4IT community of consumers and from general industry that are potential candidates for mass distribution and consumption by the IT industry.
- The IF4IT evaluates the ideas and material for viability and prioritize it, all, to the best of our ability.
- The IF4IT works to generate original solutions, based on those prioritized ideas and any relevant raw form material that may have been contributed.
- The IF4IT categorizes, persists and publishes the resulting solutions, making them available for mass consumption.
- The IF4IT community and the IT industry consume the solutions and provide feedback for improvement, as well as new ideas and new raw form material.
What are the IF4IT Goals, based on this knowledge?
- To help collect and publish IT Best Practices
- To help develop stronger IT professionals (specialists, generalists, managers, and leaders)
- To help build stronger, more repeatable, more effective, and more efficient IT organizations… through the education and development of stronger IT professionals
- To spread knowledge and acceptance of the IF4IT, its best practices, and its services
Our hope is that you find our solutions useful and valuable enough that you contribute to the cause and spread the word!